Thursday, September 21, 2017

The Fruit of the Spirit!

Let's get right down to business.  What ARE the fruits of the Spirit that we are to live by?  

LOVE
JOY
PEACE
PATIENCE
KINDNESS
GOODNESS
FAITHFULNESS
GENTLENESS
SELF-CONTROL

I would love to just take the time to encourage everyone to think about these 9 acts that we should be living by.  

Often times this topic is discussed with Sunday School classes and children.  There are catchy songs, bright colors, and seemingly child-like activities centered around this verse.

 But why can we not apply these awesome Fruits to our own lives?!  We absolutely can!  

Ask yourself this: How can I bring more joy into this world? In what ways can I have peace within and bring it to the outside?  Can I be more patient with others? What acts of kindness can I do for others?  Am I behaving in a way that provides goodness to others?  You get the idea.  These 9 Fruits are so simple on paper, but can be very complicated to execute on a day to day basis.  

I ask you to write down those 9 Fruits, stick it in your wallet, and look at them often. 
 Sometimes it just takes a simple reminder!  




No comments:

Post a Comment