Sunday, May 8, 2011

My Mom. Missed...But Not Missing.

I have warm, inspiring & thankful thoughts of my mom today. She made it to 85 yrs & and went home to be with the Lord 3 yrs ago. She told her 5 boys at age 60, "If you don't see me next year -- you'll know where you can find me." Isn't that a great line?! Well, today I find her in a multitude of unforgettable memories.

Memories that now make me smile. My life perspective has largely been shaped by her love for people and life. It shaped my faith in God as well, as year after year I would watch her begin each day in the Bible and four different devotionals.

Through the years I've heard people remark that I'm pretty high energy. I've got news for ya -- next to my 80+y.o. mom, it appeared like I was moving in slow-motion! That lady had serious ENERGY!

And what a lady she was -- such style...flair, and a love for life. In many ways, she was ahead of her time. And now...she lives with the "Timeless"! More alive than ever.

You see, Alzheimers didn't take my Mom in 2007. The Lord took her, painlessly & peacefully.

Yep, no doubt - one day, I know where I'll find her. I can't wait to see her again.

Peggy Mitchell. What a lady! And this man is so thankful for her. This Mother's Day -- and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment